|Activity Guide||Contact Us||Employment|
Pioneer Park & Pioneer Park Cemetery
Address: 400 NW Despain
Parking: Off Street (limited)
One of Pendleton's oldest parks, this shady spot is best known for its large castle-like play structure. Rebuilt in June 2013 after an arson fire destroyed the original structure in fall 2012, the playground is bigger and better than ever. The west half of the park contains Pioneer Park Cemetery, originally Pendleton Cemetery, closed in 1891. While only a handful of headstones remain, there are about 100 burials throughout the site.
Also on site are a bandstand, restrooms, electricity, a BBQ grill, drinking fountain and picnic tables. The bandstand was restored through a collaboration with Pendleton Center for the Arts' "Art Rocks Teens" program at the same time as the playground was rebuilt. (map)