Olney Cemetery

photo: Olney Cemetery gates865 Tutuilla Road
Pendleton, OR 97801
Umatilla County
Office Hours: 7am to 4pm, M-F
Visitation Hours: daylight to dusk
Map by Block (pdf)

Olney Cemetery was declared open on June 10, 1891, sited on a tract of land deeded by Stephen Olney. It was decided that Pioneer Cemetery on the north side of the river had become unsuitable for further use. Many Pioneer Cemetery occupants were moved to Olney Cemetery. The 55-acre cemetery boasts the only tree-canopied street in the city, enticing you to take a quiet stroll and share a glimpse of the surrounding area's history.  There are approximately 17,000 people interred, but with +/- 70,000 graves, there are still many available for purchase.

Olney Cemetery is host to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Avenue of Flags on Memorial Day and Veterans Day. The VFW, in cooperation with cemetery staff, presents a program at 11am on both of these holidays honoring our veterans.

 A mausoleum constructed in 1918, with a second addition in 1920 and a final addition in 1964, graces the cemetery grounds right inside the ornate brick and iron entranceway. In 2006, the Pendleton City Council dedicated a portion of land east of the mausoleum for Treehaven Pet Cemetery. This is the first pet cemetery in Eastern Oregon.

 

Fees and Charges for Olney Cemetery (all prices include perpetual care) 

Grave -All Sections $680
Grave - Cremains $425
Grave - Infant $185
Additional right of interment 40% of current location cost
Niches - single $495
Niches  - double $980
Grave Liner (required on all full body interments) $365
Grave Opening & Closing Adult $600
Grave Opening & Closing Infant $185
Grave Opening & Closing Cremated Remains $215
Mausoleum Crypt Opening & Closing- indoor
Mausoleum Crypt Opening & Closing - outdoor

$625
$750

Mausoleum Niche Opening & Closing $85

Saturday Morning Funerals - additional charge

$400 casket/$150 cremains

Overtime (weekdays after 3:30) $175 casket/$150 cremains
This facility is licensed by the Oregon State Mortuary and Cemetery Board